Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Simple Checklist To Organize Your Homeschool Week



How do you organize your homeschool day? 

Do you use a planner or checklist? Or an online program?

This list is a simple thing, but what a big help to have a visual of our week. 

The last couple years I used an online scheduling program called Homeschool Skedtrack which, while I really liked it, is very intensive in terms of adding in all the lessons you are going to do in a year for each subject. At least the way I did it. It kept me on track for the year and it was something to look at every morning to see what we needed to do and check it off.

Funny thing, this list is working just as well for us. I post the list for the boy and the girl on the side of the fridge and as they do their subjects they check them off. My girl is in grade 3 so she can run through the 'on my own' section while I work on other things with my boy in grade 1. This list was passed on to my from our Homeschool Teacher.

I decided to leave all of my girl's curriculum in the editable list because I know I always like to see what others are using. :)


This is how we've been using it. 


Click on the image below to view or print blank checklist.


And just for fun, in case you're wondering what the list above is referring to, here's a list of the curriculum we are currently using for Grade 3. There are a couple areas not covered by the list, like Social Studies for example. I realize that.




HISTORY -  Corresponding chapters in Mystery of History 1 and Story of the World Vol 1


DRAW WRITE NOW - Draw Write Now, Book 1


Hope your week goes smoothly!



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links to the education.com worksheets! So do you pay for their monthly subscription? Is it worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. :) No, I don't pay, but if you did want access to an entire workbook it might be. Almost everything there is free, you just can't download it all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I doing something wrong? When I open the files, I cannot edit them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Click on the picture of the checklist you want, then when it opens, click on File, Download as and choose either .docx for MS Word or .odt for any other word processor, such as open office. OR click on File, Make A Copy to edit it in Google Drive if you are signed in to google. (if you have a gmail account, you have access to Google Drive with that email address and password). Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like: